Who we are
Everything we do is geared towards one vision: conducting inspired research that will lead to better health outcomes.
Our research will:
- Deliver the right interventions, to the right people, at the right time in their lives to optimise health
- Be translational and deliver health outcomes with global impact to communities
- Provide a focus and leadership for health and medical research
- Bold, driven, dynamic
- Persistent and focused
- Collaborative and enabling
- Embrace Diversity, demand equity
- Friendly, fast, flexible and fun
Our identity is inspired by a microscope image of a stylised cell.
A cell is an appropriate symbol because of our links to biology and because cells require linkages to other cells to provide structural support and carry nutrients and communications to neighbouring cells.
While our research themes operate independently, they have important links to each other. They share common objectives, facilities and knowledge. They are also linked to other health and medical research institutes in South Australia, interstate and overseas; sharing findings and working collaboratively.
But most importantly, our researchers are linked to the communities they serve. This ensures that all of our discoveries are transformed into better health outcomes and benefits for South Australians and others around the world.
Each theme is represented by a different colour, which in turn makes up a different section of our overall identity.
The iconic triangular-paneled façade of our new building on North Terrace is also reflected in the shapes of our new identity.
Our identity is a fitting representation of our values of excellence, imagination, courage, integrity and teamwork.