At SAHMRI, translation of discovery into genuine impact for the community is our highest priority. As such, we have created SAHMRI Impact, providing an environment to support Clinical Trial and Registry Science, to facilitate the transfer information into action through the Health Policy Centre, to drive commercialisation success through Business Development and Entrepreneurship, and with a lens focussed on the end-user through Community and Consumer Engagement.
We create impact through the following platforms:
HEALTH POLICY CENTRE
- Led by Professor Caroline Miller
The SAHMRI Health Policy Centre is focussed on generating and synthesising evidence to advance public health policy. The Centre conducts policy research; population monitoring; and evaluation applying behavioural science, public health principles and economics. The Centre’s major research focus areas are health behaviours: tobacco control; obesity prevention; alcohol; and collaborative projects in cancer screening, psychosocial PROMs and registries.
CLINICAL TRIAL AND REGISTRY SCIENCE
A number of key South Australian and national registries are housed and co-located at SAHMRI, including:
- Registry of Older South Australians
- Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry
- Australia and New Zealand Dialysis and Transplant Registry
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) Registry
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The SAHMRI Business Development and Entrepreneurship platform commercialises and translates promising research into high impact treatments and therapies; building a thriving community of entrepreneurial researchers, able to understand, communicate and leverage their value into new ventures to create impact.
CORE FACILITIES AND RESEARCH SUPPORT SERVICES
- Bioresources and the Preclinical Imaging and Research Laboratories (PIRL)
- Clinical and Translational Imaging (CRIC)
- Molecular Imaging and Therapy Research Unit (MITRU)
- Medical Artificial Intelligence
- Core Facilities