The Neville Fazulla Aboriginal Health Scholarship has been established in recognition of the contribution Neville Fazulla made to Aboriginal health both within South Australia and nationally. His life’s work was dedicated to improving the health system's response to the unique needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The objective of the Scholarship is to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people studying at university within non-clinical health related fields, acknowledging the importance of non-clinical roles within the health workforce.
To be eligible to apply, students must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person & be able to provide Confirmation of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander Identity;
- Be living in South Australia;
- Be an undergraduate or postgraduate student in a non-clinical health-related field, such as health services/program management or administration; public health; health sciences; community health; or health regulation & policy;
- Be able to provide proof of enrolment; and
- Have completed at least 2 semesters of undergraduate study & be able to provide evidence of attainment.
- The duration of the Scholarship is 2 years with a maximum value of $8,000 per annum, proportionate to study load. Minimum study load is 0.5EFTSL (equivalent to half-time study).
- Scholarship is dependent on proof of continued enrolment and satisfactory completion of coursework.
- This scholarship is tax exempt for full-time students. Please note that part of this scholarship may count as income for Centrelink purposes. Full-time students may earn up to $8355/year from equity or merit-based scholarships before Centrelink will deem it as income. This limit applies to the total combined value of scholarships received in a financial year.
Those enrolled in clinical studies e.g. medicine; nursing; dentistry; or allied health programs are not eligible to apply.
For an application form, or to discuss your eligibility, contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Scholarship applications close 29 January 2021. Successful applicant notified by 26 February 2021.