Board of Directors
SAHMRI’s Board of Directors is focused on providing the strategic direction necessary to establish a world-class research institute in South Australia. The Board is responsible for the overall corporate governance of the organisation and providing oversight of the organisation’s strategic plan. You can meet our Board here.
SAHMRI’s Executive team is made up of our leaders from both scientific and research support teams. They support our Executive Director in ensuring the institute meets its goals – from pursuing scientific excellence to implementing organisation-wide objectives. You can meet our Executive Team here.
SAHMRI was established to:
- develop a centre of excellence in both Australia and internationally for the benefit of the community in undertaking, promoting and expanding research relating to human medicine and health, the social determinants of health and health service delivery
- facilitate the transfer and practical application of knowledge acquired from its research activities to improve the health and wellbeing of the community
- develop, promote and create opportunities for the development and promotion of knowledge acquired from research activities
- work collaboratively and facilitate collaboration among universities, other research institutions and the government to achieve high-quality outcomes
- attract funding from within and outside Australia for the conduct of research relating to human medicine or health