We need your help to understand how we can undertake and deliver research with the greatest impact.
If you are a South Australian resident who has an interest in being involved in health and medical research and working towards better health outcomes for our community, we would be delighted to have you involved!
Please register your interest by clicking on 'Join the Community Interest Register'.
Alternatively, please contact the Consumer Engagement, Senior Project Officer on 08 8128 4031 to complete the registration form over the phone or download a hard copy of the registration form and post to:
Attn: Senior Project Officer, Consumer Engagement
SAHMRI, North Terrace
Adelaide, SA, 5000
How can you be involved in our research?
The South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) and Health Translation SA (HTSA) are committed to the engagement of community members across all stages of research:
- Preparation: Deciding what to research and how to do it.
- Execution: Doing the research.
- Translation/Impact: Making sure the research findings change clinical practice, policy and education.
As a community member, we believe you are well placed to bring a community perspective to our research. You may also have had specific health related experiences, either personally or in caring for others. Through these experiences, you will have been a ‘consumer’ of health and medical services and now have observations, thoughts and ideas that can be helpful to inform more specific areas of research across SAHMRI and Health Translation SA.
Some specific examples of how you can be involved include:
- Informing the design of research studies.
- Reviewing grant applications or other research documents.
- Participating in community advisory groups or lab meetings.
- Assist in writing the patient information and consent forms for clinical trials.
- Giving feedback on the public messages about new research findings.
- Help disseminate research findings amongst your informal or formal networks.
- Co-presenting on research findings at conferences.
- Providing advice about how research findings can be translated into clinical practice, policy and education.
- Collaborating with researchers to evaluate the research process.
How do I find out about community engagement opportunities?
Once you have registered, you will be notified of community engagement opportunities via email and will be invited to submit an expression of interest.
Each community engagement opportunity will include specific details about how to register your interest.
As this is a new way of SAHMRI and Health Translation SA engaging with community members, it may take a little while for community engagement opportunities to become available. We appreciate your patience.
How do I update my contact details?
We will rely on you to keep your contact details up-to-date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make any changes.
Will I be reimbursed for sitting fees or out of pocket expenses?
Reimbursement and sitting fee arrangements will be detailed within each expression of interest.
As a guide, please download SAHMRI’s Policy for Reimbursement and/or Sitting Fees of Advisory Groups.
What should I do if I no longer want to have my name on the register?
Please email email@example.com if you would like your name removed from the register.
For more information
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the Community Orientation Guide.