The SAHMRI Ground Floor (Level 3), including the Foyer and Auditorium, is equipped with the following accessibility features:
- Automatic glass sliding doors at the Main Entrance
- Right hand transfer unisex accessible toilet
- Wheelchair-accessible baby change facilities
- Hearing assist technology
- A ramp for the stage can be provided to allow access for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility
- Guide Dogs and other registered assistance animals are welcome
Transport and parking
SAHMRI is easily accessible by public transport. Timetables for Adelaide’s bus, train and tram services can be obtained from the Adelaide Metro website.
Unfortunately, there is no public parking available at SAHMRI, however, there are various paid and street parking options available nearby. While the forecourt plaza is accessible, there are currently issues alighting from vehicles on North Terrace up onto the curb to reach the plaza.
In situations where access via car is required, special arrangements can be made with SAHMRI.
For more information regarding accessibility at SAHMRI, or if there are any specialised requirements you wish to discuss, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.